Highlights

From its founding in 1891 as a free standing hospital for wage-earning women, to its affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital in 1942, and now in its present form as the philanthropic arm of the MGH Vincent Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Vincent Memorial Hospital has played a leadership role in women’s healthcare.

 

 

Today, “The Vincent” encompasses not only the VMH endowment and the MGH Vincent Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, but the interrelated pieces that together have produced a rich fabric of tradition and achievement.  The VMH Board of Trustees as well as the Vincent Board of Managers, the Vincent’s in-hospital auxiliary group, are committed volunteers who provide support in many ways.  In addition, the 800 member Vincent Club, founded in 1892, has raised millions of dollars for the VMH through its original musical reviews, symposia, and other events.

The Vincent’s long history includes many breakthroughs and improvements in women’s care.  Recent highlights include the following, each of which illustrates the impact of Vincent support.

 

Outstanding Patient Care.  The Vincent In Vitro Fertilization Unit.  With its high clinical pregnancy rate, the Unit—part of the MGH Fertility Center— is one of the most successful assisted reproductive technology programs in the country.

 

 

Cutting-Edge Research.  The Vincent Center for Reproductive Biology (VCRB).  The Center provides an internationally-recognized scientific base for research focusing on infertility, reproductive dysfunction and the overall health of women.

 

 

A Commitment to Teaching. The MGH Vincent Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology has the rare distinction of possessing four board-certified subspecialty fellowship programs (in Gynecologic Oncology, Reproductive Medicine & Infertility, Maternal-Fetal-Medicine, and Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery).